Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2010 Honda Odyssey driver door latch problem, Replaced the…

Customer Question
2010 Honda Odyssey driver...

2010 Honda Odyssey driver door latch problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Replaced the door lock actuator and now the inner handle (cable) won't properly operate the latch. It will open the door, but then the latch will not engage when trying to close the door. The outer handle operates the latch properly.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
3/19/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I just need know whether it is power or manual locks so I can pull the correct schematics to upload to you so that you can see where the problem is.

power locks. I replaced the door lock actuator on a 2010 year model!!!

HI,

Ok, I have attached diagrams and directions for the this so that you can make sure you have it connected properly and routed properly. If you do, let me know and we will go from there

Everything is routed properly. The issue is inside the latch, not the routing of any of the components. See my original question.
I had to remove a screw from the latch assembly in order to replace the lock actuator. In the figure on p6, the two pieces shown on the left come apart once the screw is removed. I believe that I have reassembled it properly. The behavior cannot be replicated with the latch out of the vehicle. The behavior only occurs once the mounting screws (p3, item C) are installed.

HI,

Do you see any binding when operating it with the door panel off

No, I do not seen any binding with the door panel off. With the latch assembly connected (to the outer handle rod and the cylinder rod) the inner handle cable operates the latch properly. Only when I mount the latch assembly with only 1 of the three mounting screws, the inner handle cable will release the latch, but not reset it properly for a subsequent closing of the latch.

HI,

I will opt out and see if another expert can help. This is one I would need to be there to see what is happening. If another expert can help, they will reply here