Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

05 odyssey with abs/vsa /brake light on after dead battery

Customer Question

hi 05 odyssey with abs/vsa /brake light on after dead battery and i jump start.second issue : over 60 mph van shakes under heavy gas pedal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: dealer said bad vsa module. right axle boot spuing grease
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the van is the touring modal with the 3.5 vcm.tranny was replaced at 170 k or so i june . i bought the van in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
august.it now has over 175k.
.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know which codes are stored for the ABS VSA?

This vibration is it harsh like the vehicle has the hiccups possibly from a misfire issue or a fast vibration from something out of ba***** *****ke a bad wheel or tire or tire balance or alignment?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I think the tech said code 81 on the vsa. The shake is real hard fast, you feel it though the whole van. Drivers side compliance bushing is bad (I saw it shaking .he also said the steering rack us bad, there is a little grinding .so how can I clear those lights,it's just strange battery goes dead and it throws the code .there us a drain ,it's think it's from a power door latch

Thanks, ***** ***** states the RAM/ROM in the ABS module has failed and the module needs to be replaced. That will resolve those lights and codes. A harsh vibration is normally going to be caused by a engine misfire not something worn and out of balance.