Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

98 honda accord gurgling sound when I accelerate, When I…

Customer Question
Jones. 98 honda accord...

Jones. 98 honda accord gurgling sound when I accelerate

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I accelerate, I hear a gurgling noise coming from the front of the car. It seems to go away as I pick up speed.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Edward, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Edward
Edward, Auto Service Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. this gurgling sound is likely coolant cycling through the heater core. The coolant level is probably low, what I would advise, is park the vehicle with the back end facing down, and the front end of the engine on an incline. take off the radiator cap, and fill it full, also fill up the overflow jug to the full mark. crank the engine and let it idle until it warms up. after it warms up, get inside the car and rev it to 1800-2000 rpm's for a few minutes, then turn the engine off, and let it sit till it cools, remove the radiator cap and top off the coolant again. That should purge any air out and get rid of that gurgling sound. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Any luck with that? or have you tried it yet? Thank you!