Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

I crossed jumped my 2002 Honda CR V after leaving the lights

Customer Question

Hi I crossed jumped my 2002 Honda CR V after leaving the lights on.When I corrected the problem and started car the radio needed code and instrument panel gauges did not work..the speedometer, gas, tach, etc. I disconnected battery and re hooked, I reset radio with code and that works,but no gauges?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

so one of two things happened,

1. a fuse is blown for the cluster
  2. the cluster is shorted out and will need replaced

first thing to do is check the fuse to the cluster and if the cluster fuse is ok check to see if the fuse has power with the ignition on, then if so that means the cluster is shorted. if the fuse does not have power that means that the circuit that powers the fuse may have a fuse that blew . that is where i would start. Lou P.