sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Thank you. I was driving my 2005 Honda Accord EX when the

Customer Question

Thank you. I was driving my 2005 Honda Accord EX when the odometer indicator and everything else within in that section disappeared and the letters ON came on blinking. When we turn the car off and then turn it on again the correct indicator lights come (odometer, mileage, etc) then go off and the letters (or word)flashes on again. What does ON mean. Thank
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, but I would like to have a good idea of what's wrong before I take it in. Help
JA: OK! The Honda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: It's got about 198,000 miles on it.
JA: Our top Honda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Honda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Honda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

is the maintenance light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car is running well.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

sometimes the cluster does odd things if the oil change or maint reminder requires reset

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had the maintenance done about 6 weeks ago. What do you mean by cluster
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

instrument panel gauges aka instrument cluster

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea what the letters ON inside that indicator light means?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is going to be an internal failure in the instrument cluster and will most likely require replacement.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?