Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My name is ***** *****. I'm about to remove/replace the fuel

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I'm about to remove/replace the fuel evap canister on my 2004 Honda accord. Would there be a diagram somewhere to reference?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My local repair shop did a smoke test and said it had a small leak. I've decided to do the whole canister
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

I have included the instructions for replacing the evap charcoal canister. It's a fairly easy repair procedure with the instructions it will be a breeze. There should be 9 attachments total.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When looked at the canister last night, I saw many different types of connections for the hoses. Are there any special tricks for removal of any of these?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Not really, some just pull off and one(large vapor hose) has a tab that you depress to release. Might need to pry the rubber hoses off with a screwdriver? Pretty straight forward.

Thanks, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thank you, Honda-Man