Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have an '08 accord, cooling fan kicks on and off as soon…

Customer Question
I have an '08 accord...
I have an '08 accord, cooling fan kicks on and off as soon as the engine is started and the lights go dim each time it kicks on?????? doesn't seem right to me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
3/7/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if your ac is switched on as this can cause the fan to engage and disengage like this here.If the switch is engaged with ac on and the lights are dimming this indicates the fan is drawing some current that is causing the lights to dim and may be an issue with a loose or corroded battery connection at the battery itself or an issue with a faulty battery or alternator.I would have the cables checked as well as the battery and alternator tested for any issues.A local parts store will usually test the battery and alternator at no cost to you.

If the ac is not on when this is occuring let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete