Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Start up....Grind noise? Honda CV-LX 2013.

Customer Question

Hello, Start up....Grind noise? Honda CV-LX 2013.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

Is the grinding noise just when the starter is engaged or after?

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engaged
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

There has been quite a lot of starter problems with this generation and previous ones. It's a different design that Honda went to on the 4 cylinder engines back in 2003. We have seen a fairly high failure rate with symptoms like yours. Some fail with a grinding noise and some fail with a low battery type noise. If the noise is only when the starter is engaged it's bad for sure. If you would like the price of a replacement I will need your VIN to look up the correct part. A Honda replacement is approx $357 without labor. You might be still under warranty?

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man