HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

We have a 2005 Honda Accord and all the sudden the radio

Customer Question

We have a 2005 Honda Accord and all the sudden the radio stopped working (radio does not come on)? We also noticed the two 12v power outlets are not working? Is there a special fuse that protects this entire curcuit? I checked the #5 radio fuse and #9 front acc socket and both appear to be okay.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: too expensive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replacing the blown fuse for power outlets, but then radio stopped working. outlets worked for 1 hour than they and radio when out
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $27 after the Honda Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in this model here and is the fuse or any other fuses still shorting out at all?

Has anything after market been wired in like an after market radio or remote start or alarm system at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.