Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

1991 accord s light on steady jumped connector and s light

Customer Question

1991 accord s light on steady jumped connector and s light wont flash pulled fuse no change takes off in high gear checked voltage at a8 pin 6 volts checked voltage at green wire at cluster 6 volts
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

Your problem used to be fairly common. The transmission control module(TCM) fails. It will have a steady S light and start off in high gear. Usually if you remove the TCM cover you can smell burnt electronics. It's right next to the ECM under the carpet.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thank you, Honda-Man