Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need to find out the immobilizer disarm code honda accord…

Customer Question
I need to find out...
I need to find out the immobilizer disarm code for 99 honda accord ex I pur chased from the auto pound auction.Vin is 1hgcg1655xa046401Can anyone help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
We can get the car to turn over, but the silly green key light keeps flashing and the car won't start.
I need to drive 150 miles home and there is no dealer open here. Please help.
I need the brake code. Or to fun out where or how to get it locally
3/6/2016
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

What you'll need to do is contact a dealer either in person or you can see if they were willing to release the code over the phone. With the VIN and proof of ownership they will be able to obtain the code, but some dealers' internal policies prohibit releasing the codes to the public.

I've seen others release the code on here. I am pretty much stranded here with the car.

Sometimes experts will take a chance and post a code but your question was open for an extended time without a response and seen by dozens of experts which were unable to help. I can open the question for others and allow you to continue to wait and see if someone can supply the code but due to the amount of time it was open without a response I don't know that anyone will be able to.