Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

P1676, HONDA ODYSSEY 2000, IT SHIFT HARD, YES, CHECK, YES…

Customer Question
P1676 Mechanic's Assistant: Huh? ...

P1676

Mechanic's Assistant: Huh?

HONDA ODYSSEY 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

IT SHIFT HARD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

CHECK FOR SOLEINOD

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?

YES JUST HELPME TO FIX TCS LIGHT PROBLEM

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
3/2/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic

This is quoted from some Honda service information:

Got a vehicle in your shop with DTC P1676 (FPTDR signal line failure) or TCS DTC 31 (engine retard
command [PFINH] signal)? A bad ignition switch (the electrical half) could be the culprit.
NOTE: On the HDS, you’ll see TCS DTC 31 listed as TCS DTC 31-2.
Inspect the ignition switch solder joints for any signs of overheating. If you notice the solder joints are
melted, replace the ignition switch.

If you also have a stalling issue replacing the electrical portion of the ignition switch should also take care of that.