Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My fob would not unlock my Honda Element. I remember

Customer Question
replaced the battery and still...
My fob would not unlock my Honda Element. I remember replaced the battery and still won't unlock or start car
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/23/2016
Mechanic for Honda: HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician replied 2 years ago
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

does the red light come on the fob when you press the buttons?

Is this a key you normally use ?

it does and yes I only have one key and fob

and when you try to start the vehicle it will turn over but not start and run?

have you had the battery replaced recently? the vehicle battery?

The key will turn to the start position Ned the lights come on dash but it will not turn over at all

ok thanks for the information

it sounds like you have two separate issues here

1. the key fob some how has lost its program. It happens, not very often but it happens
  2. the starter is faulty or it is a wiring issue

first we need to solve the no start issue. are you going to try to diagnose this yourself?