Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The Issue is the P1399 code in a 2000 Honda accord V6. It…

Customer Question
The Issue is the...

The Issue is the P1399 code in a 2000 Honda accord V6. It also spudders and dies sometimes if you do not pump the gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That sums it up. The code reader says blocked EGR, and valve clearance. But ive read on the internet anything from PCM, Fuel presuure regulator and fuel pump

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Its seems to have the issue after driving, when its still warm and you try and crank it.
2/22/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Your problem sounds like a bad fuel pressure regulator. remove the vacuum hose when it's hot or prone to acting up. Any fuel or fuel smell in the vacuum hose means the fuel pressure regulator is leaking. The EGR valve can also cause issues if it's not closing at an idle or hanging open. When it's acting up check the EGR valve lift voltage with your scan tool. It should be under 1.25 volts at an idle. if it's above 1.25 volts replace the EGR valve. Last thing can be caused by tight valves. If all else looks good try adjusting the valves.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man