Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Well I will tel you the problem<I have a 1992 Honda

Customer Question
Well I will tel...

Well I will tel you the problem<I have a 1992 Honda accord LX with a manual transmission.It all started one day I was driving and Parked, went inside a store came out and tried to start the car and it wouldn't start I have replaced the whole Distributor, new Plug wires New plugs, Fuel Filter, the fuel pump put out 42 PSI,New Ignition, After replacing the Distributor it fired up and ran I drove it home and parked it came back outside and tried to start it again and it wouldn't start again, Pulled the plugs and 1 & 4 seam to be wetter than 2 & 3 It cranks but won't start the injectors have been cleaned.Relay tests ok, Good spark on all four Plug wires No codes show up when you jump the connecter, Got any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have also tried I pulled the air tube off and sprayed carb clearner in the and tried to start it, that didn't work either, Put new fuel in the tank, Tested the coil it is within limits.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/20/2016
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Do you have a multimeter to do some electrical checks?

I do I will be back at home tomorrow I will start to work on the
Project again

Great. I'll give you some testing points this evening

Hey Justin I have some time to get some testing done now if you think that we can fugure it out. I will tell you I also replaced the temp control sensor too
I also noticed that you were going to sent some test points but I didn't get them.

Sorry, just getting back to my computer. At the distributor connector there is a Yellow/Green wire (yellow wire with green stripe). This wire may look different due to aging. It might look white and green. When the car acts up I need you to check voltage on this wire with the distributor connector plugged up and the ignition switch on. Tell me what voltage is there. Thanks

Ok I will check it tomorrow when I get back to the car

great

I have battery voltage on the yellow, green strip wire

Does the check engine light come on for a bulb check when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position? Does it stay on?

It stays on I also check the impulse of all four injector and they are working

Great. So it stays on. This is good information. Have you tried to pull codes since it stays on?

No correct my but to do this you jump the blue connector under the passenger side dash
Pulled the code and it said 16 which is injector but it sill won't start or even attempt to start it cranks all day long got a fully charged battery could one and four injectors be stuck open
Haven't heard back from you in several days what's up it is a long process when you have to to work all the time and take care of family matters. What now replace all the injectors or what
Ok haven't heard back and still not running pulled the fuel injector cleaned everything unplugged the ECU and now the check engine light stays on no codes
Hey all the plugs are wet. What happened haven't heard from you in awhile

hey sorry. So you plugged the computer back up and the check engine light stays on with no codes?

That is correct
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician