Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

97 accord with 2.2......timing belt broke,bent valves,fixed…

Customer Question
97 accord with 2.2......timing...

97 accord with 2.2......timing belt broke,bent valves,fixed that and had it running,started hard changed fuel filter, now no spark from coil.Is there a fusible link? Car ran fine until we put on the alternator belt. I know that makes no sense . Hoping to get spark again

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I used to be a Honda tech. 100 years ago when the new 1980 came out

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?

It was parked for over a year

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/19/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

EX,LX,DX, Etc?

Is the cam turning? Does the rotor spin when you crank it? Just gotta ask before we get to far into troubleshooting. Do you have a volt meter and if so does it have a dwell or duty cycle setting?

Thanks, Cliff