Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Alarm set off on 2003 honda accord and key won't work on…

Customer Question
Alarm set off on 2003...
Alarm set off on 2003 honda accord and key won't work on driver door lock and the transmitter on original key broke also, how do you turn off alarm?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/19/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Try the passengers side door. Turn to lock then unlock. I believe the trunk lock cylinder will shut it off too.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Our 2003 honda accord does not have a passenger side outside lock and the trunk lock did not work what else can we try?

Not sure what else to recommend? I will open up the question for the other experts. Please wait for them to reply to you.

Thank you for your help I pray someone can answer my question we took the fuse out for the horn but the flashers are staying on and the security light is still blinking
Ok thank you
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unfortunately the only ways to disarm security are with a functional key fob or turning the key in the door so the disarm switch sends a signal that the door has been unlocked manually.

Does the key go into the lock cylinder in the door but it doesn't turn?

No my door was side swiped and ever since then the key won't go in the lock

The choices are going to be to either repair the door so the key will turn, or purchase and have a fob programmed.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician