Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2010 CRV and the anti theft system sets off the…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 CRV and the anti theft system sets off the alarm as well as flashing the lamps and headlamps. This happens nearly every night when its parked in my driveway. No wind, and no thieves. I've disconnected the horns to sooth the neighbors but the flashing lamps continue and it runs the battery down. Is there a sensor to be changed or is there some way to disable the anti theft feature?

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I'm on the island of Roatan and there isn't a Honda mechanic here. Yes, I'm hoping to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

As i said, I've simply disconnected the horns. That's all.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/17/2016
Mechanic for Honda: HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician replied 2 years ago
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

In the past there have been issues with the hood latch switch causing the alarm to go off seeming by itself.

How often is the problem happening?

you can try to bypass the switch and then the alarm should not go on by itself anymore