Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

I'm ***** *****.
, My 2006 Honda Odyssey's key fob will

Customer Question

I'm ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My 2006 Honda Odyssey's key fob will lock/unlock doors but not actuate the sliding doors. I recently replaced the window switch and battery. I programmed the fobs tonite.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if this occurred right after replaced the switch and the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened right after replacing the master window switch.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Did you verify that the sliding door switch is in the on position?

Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Do they work fine with the interior switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried pushing the key fob's door button with the switch in the 'on' and 'off' position--neither worked.Yes, the doors open correctly with the interior switch.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Last question. Any beeping when trying to use the doors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. No beeping.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

If the switch is in the on position and if there are not any warning lights illuminated on the dash then you have a module programming issue. I doubt that the module has failed, most of the time the door module can be reprogrammed to fix this. This can only be done with a computer scan tool with programming capabilities.