Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have an 87 accord lxi i have spark and fuel pressure from…

Customer Question
Hi pearl i have...

Hi pearl i have an 87 accord lxi i have spark and fuel pressure from the filter at the fire wall on the passenger side it struggles to start if it does it stumbles at idle and dies if i touch the gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Absolutley

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Only replaced the fuel filter on the firewall i did struggle to get the bajo bolts to seal its hard to find the washers

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?

Its an 87 with 189000 on it i pulled the head last year on account of a broken cam but has been running great after that

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/16/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing sounds very much like you have a fuel pressure problem even if you have fuel at the filter. You need to start with installing a fuel pressure gauge and monitoring the actual fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure on a properly operating pump should be right at 35 to 37 PSI. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.