Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Dash lights Ie. battery brake doors etckeep flashing on and…

Customer Question
Dash lights Ie. battery...

Dash lights Ie. battery brake doors etckeep flashing on and off as well as check engine p0401 keeps returning

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Alt is charging correct and has a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Unless there is a recall

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2016
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 2 years ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

can you give me the year and model of your honda ?

2001 accord ex v6

thank you

now this P0401 is caused by a restricted egr flow and the intake upper plenum will need to be removed and cleaned out, in order to perform some basic testing to confirm this and update the pcm you will need to have the Honda scanner to perform this task

now your battery light is whats flashing ?

here is the egr update kit that we were installing years ago but you can still purchase the parts in the kit form but will still need to drill the intake out as described in the bulletin.

I have been a tech for over 25 years and I checked all the basics can you tell me if there is a recall on either pass. or drivers multiplexer
all of the dash lights are flashing

no recall on this only a bulletin. I posted it on the last reply.

its a very easy task to do.

as far as a recall on the multiplex there is nothing .

have you done a self test on the multiplex yet ?