Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Dash lights Ie. battery brake doors etckeep flashing on and

Customer Question
off as well as check...
dash lights Ie. battery brake doors etckeep flashing on and off as well as check engine p0401 keeps returning
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: alt is charging correct and has a new battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: unless there is a recall
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2016
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 1 year ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

can you give me the year and model of your honda ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2001 accord ex v6

thank you

now this P0401 is caused by a restricted egr flow and the intake upper plenum will need to be removed and cleaned out, in order to perform some basic testing to confirm this and update the pcm you will need to have the Honda scanner to perform this task

now your battery light is whats flashing ?

here is the egr update kit that we were installing years ago but you can still purchase the parts in the kit form but will still need to drill the intake out as described in the bulletin.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been a tech for over 25 years and I checked all the basics can you tell me if there is a recall on either pass. or drivers multiplexer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all of the dash lights are flashing

no recall on this only a bulletin. I posted it on the last reply.

its a very easy task to do.

as far as a recall on the multiplex there is nothing .

have you done a self test on the multiplex yet ?

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician