Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Everything on the radio panel is completely dead. This is a…

Customer Question
Everything on the radio...

Everything on the radio panel is completely dead. This is a Honda Odyssey. I've checked the fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

We just got this 07 Honda Odyssey yesterday. The battery needed replacing, so that was done, but the vehicle was probably jump-started several times. We tried out the radio when we test drove the car so it worked then. Now it doesn't. No read-out at all, not even to enter a code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Would love to be able to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?

We just had aftermarket DVD players installed, but that should have nothing to do with the radio and CD player.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/14/2016
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I have a few questions for you. Does the DVD player work? Also, do you have a test light or multimeter that you are testing fuses with? I will probably ask you to check certain things with a test light or multimeter to be sure there is or isn't power available at certain points. Thanks

Hi Justin,Yes, the DVD player works. I don't have a test light or multimeter, unfortunately. Is that something inexpensive I could get at Autozone or a similar place?
I checked the radio fuse, the acc fuse and the backup fuse, all by taking them out and doing a visual inspection. They were intact.

You can buy a test light at auto zone or a similar place. They are relatively inexpensive. It would be helpful in determining the issue.

Okay. I'll go get one and then I'll let you know when I have it. Is there any time limit to this chat?
Well, the auto place was closed. Guess we'll have to pick this up tomorrow. Happy Valentine's.

You too. Talk soon