Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Sat nav does not go to confirmation screen. will not show…

Customer Question
Sat nav does not...

Sat nav does not go to confirmation screen. will not show other screens

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Sat nav will not load... imid screen not showing anything but sat nav message

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Tried to reset by pressing the power button for more than 2 seconds... but nothing happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?

It's in Nigeria....

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/14/2016
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 2 years ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will do my best to help you on this .

since this car is not a USA car I will do the best I can.

now the screen is saying disc error ? or what is the screen saying ?

did you still require help on this ?

Hi, the vehicle was purchased in the US as used. The screen shot is attached.
I will attach a video shortly

Ok

Appears the video file is too large. Please see attached photo. This is what I-mid screen shows and will not change to show clock and other functions. I cannot use the imid. Any information to help me resolve this will be appreciated.

Ok this is all it continues to say correct.

I'm on my in to work so when I get there I will post a simple test to make sure it's just a navi unit that's failed only. I have a*****to work so I will reply when I get in.

ok under the drivers seat I need to to locate the scs plug and use a papaer clip to jump the 2 terminals and then turn the key on see what the screen does.

judging from the image you sent the navi unit it locked up and will need to be serviced.

how ever we can try a master reset on the system and see if will boot up again.

also have you checked the disc to make sure it's ok and not scratched or missing.

Ok... I'll go check for the plug. When I unplug how do I know which end to jump with the office pin. I have not located the disc drive to check the status of the disc... I'll check under the seat .

look under the drivers seat front and you will see the navi unit slide the door open and push the eject button.

the plug is on the back side of the unit access from back

anything familiar under my seat.

thats under the drivers seat ?

us this a UK car ?

It has a VIN and I believe it came from the U.S. though I bought it local. Yes that's under the driver's seat.

ok check under the passengers front seat

also can you give me your vin I have a hunch this is a UK car

It is not a right hand drive as one would expect of a UK car. The passenger seat has nothing underneath. VIN: 1HGCR3F8013964

ok part of the vin is missing can you please recheck it

My error :1HGCR3F80DA013964

ok this is a Honda accord correct ?

your question has it listed as a odessey

A Honda Accord 2013
Ping file is not legible... Please resend in legible format. Thanks

if you click on it it expands open like normal I just checked it

the Sat nav. So I can use the other screens.

ok the their is errors in the system.

these need to be scanned to see which code is stored in the ecu.

do you have a local Honda dealer that can scan the system for you. then we know what the system is doing and status . this could all be related to the country your in so a new disc might correct this issue .

ok this car looks like it was in a accident and either the repairs were not made or something went wrong.

their is not any navi info listed on the findings.

did they check the navi system with the scanner ?

this was a honda dealer or general shop that did this scan ?