Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Supposedly unless I drive the vehicle every other day

Customer Question
Supposedly unless I drive...

Supposedly unless I drive the vehicle every other day for 5 minutes the battery will slowly die. I had the vehicle serviced and Honda installed a new battery ( under warranty) The tech was emphatic about driving the car and not just running it in place. Can you shed some light on this sceanrio,

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Honda Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

NO desire to fix anything myself. Never heard of such a scenario, tech said is it due to all the computer technology in the car, battery needs to recharge to maintain the memory of the computer.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Honda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?

No but this info from the tech does not seem correct. If it is then I have a bridge to sell to Honda cheap.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/12/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Can I please have the year and model of your Honda?

Thank you, Honda-Man