Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2003 Honda Pilot center console lid is wavy and I want to…

Customer Question
My 2003 Honda Pilot...

My 2003 Honda Pilot center console lid is wavy and I want to replace it. How do I remove it and is it possible to buy just the lid to replace?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I just bought this Pilot used and I want to make the lid cover on the center console look decent. Right now it is wavy and yucky looking. I thought I would just buy a new lid and replace it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I am trying to research how to do it so I don't screw it up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?

It is used and I have only had it a week. So far I am not happy since I am in the process of getting a new ignition put in because the key will not always turn to start it and I have gotten stuck 2 times this week and it took several tries to get it started. Since I am having that fixed at a garage I am hoping to fix the console myself.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/12/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Can I please have the VIN? it will make looking up the correct part more accurate.

Thank you, Honda-Man