Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2006 Pilot with the AC blowing hot. I tried to run…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Pilot...
I have a 2006 Pilot with the AC blowing hot. I tried to run a charge on it, but the gauge told me pressure was full. I checked the compressor clutch relay switch and it's working. The compressor is engaging. What should I try next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
2/12/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Andrew Martin

Check to make sure the fans are running and the fuses are good for the fans.

The fan works. Is there a fan for the AC that I should look for instead?
Mechanic for Honda: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

There should be two fans, but they are right next to each other behind the radiator/condensor. Are you positive that the compressor is engaging?

I was not 100 percent sure that it was engaging and a Chevy mechanic friend looked at it with me and confirmed that it was, indeed, engaged. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to look much further than that.
Mechanic for Honda: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok,, if the compressor is engaging that tells you that the system is charged enough to run. If the fan starts running when you turn the AC on that also tells you that the system is working properly. If both of those things happen, one of the AC lines should be hot, and the other should be extremely cold. This tells you that the system is actually doing what it is supposed to do. If this is not the case, then you are looking at something else such as an air mix door inside the vehicle.

ok let me check that
Could it be the cabin air filter? Wanted to float that. Somebody suggested that to me.
Mechanic for Honda: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

If the cabin air filter was clogged it would restrict the air flow but it would not cause the AC to blow warm air.

Mechanic for Honda: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.