Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2005 Honda CRV Sp and changed my battery and lost…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Honda CRV Sp and changed my battery and lost my Radio. I need a Code to reactivate the battery. Thanks Doug

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My Radio is np longer active after I lost power for changing my battery. Doug Sabo

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician

Hi My name is Jim.. We need to get the radio ser # ***** this is how you do that. Once you have it you can call your local dealer for the code. They can not get it off the vin only the radio code.. On some Honda's it is actually in the glove box on a white sticker.

Here is the procedure

To get the radio code from the Honda dealer you must give them the radio serial number. If you would like I will call the dealer .. if I do the fee will be $32 total.. thank you .. Jim B

To retrieve the serial number:

Turn on the radio, and turn on the ignition switch to the ON position. Verify the radio display indicated CODE.

Turn off the radio and press and hold #1 and #6 radio preset buttons and while holding the buttons turn on the radio. The radio will display a U and 4 digits and then an "L" and 4 digits. The first 4 digits of the serial number are with the "U" the last 4 digits of the serial number are after the "L". For example if it reads "U" 1234 and "L" 4321, the serial number would be 12344321. Call the dealer with that number and they can get the 5 digit radio code for the customer.

Here is a link that will also help you. Jim

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

I am checking back to see what the you status is.. Jim