Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2001 Honda accord. sold it to my nephew and he was…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Honda accord. sold it to my nephew and he was making payments. didn't work out so I reposed it. upon getting the vehicle back I noticed that I wont come out of park unless you press the interlock button and none of the brake lights work. i replaced the brake switch and the third brake light works but none other and still wont come out of park. i found out the left rear light assy. had been replaced. i replaced the bulbs, checked the fuse. cant get the brake lights on the body of the vehicle to work. i will be happy to pay for your time as long as your advise helps me fix the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's all.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I'm afraid it won't be just our advice that helps you fix the vehicle. The fact is that all my knowledge and resources won’t help unless you…

… have basic knowledge and mechanical skills, and…

… have whatever tools and equipment might be needed for a proper diagnosis and repair

Having said that, can you tell me what is the trim level on that Accord? (DX, LX, EX?). Also, is it a 2 door coupe or a 4 door sedan? 4 cyl or v6?

Four door four cylinder. Not sure what trim level is. As far as my abilities: five years as electronics tech on fighter jets, worked as a tech in a peterbuilt dealership and lead tech in a maintainer shop for a trucking company. Six years as a service director with jeep and Toyota. I have tools as well. Biggest problem I have is I don't have an ohm meter and schematics.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we would need at least a volt/ohmmeter - maybe even a digital scope if the problem is in the multiplex.

I'll opt out to let other experts chime in. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will revert your request to me.

Best Regards.

Why the hell did you just charge me the additional $23.00 dollars? The ad said it was not mandatory and I was clear that I would be happy to pay when my problem is fixed, please reverse the charge immediately. That's not how this is gonna go. I'm not paying for you to send me messages.
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help on this concern?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris