Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I am trying to reset my radio..but my 2000 Honda serial

Customer Question
HI! i am trying...

HI! i am trying to reset my radio..but my 2000 Honda serial number is ***** faint to read and the Radio button 1 & 6 plus power does not show a code can you help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My battery was jumped and then the radio stopped working and said code my friend tried to fix it by doing the 1 & 6 + power and now all it says is C 1

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
1/29/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic

Your vehicle is too old for the 1 and 6 to work. If you can not read the serial number you will need to remove the radio and get the number off the label on it.

I thought I could give you my make, model and vin number and you could give me the code. I read online that I could remove my radio but I have tried and it does not come out.

Honda never did install radios by VIN number. The VIN will not help.

The radios can be hard to remove if you do not have experience with them.

What model Honda do you have?

It's a 2000 Honda Accord

Those are tough to remove. Would you like for me to try and get you some instructions on how to remove it?

I did not realize that you would not be able to get the code like in a previous answer posted online. I feel that should not be a charge for a non-answer. I thought that the $23 would only be charged if I was satisfied by the answer and I am not. I already tried as that is on the Honda website it self and it did not work for me so I do not feel like I should have been charged. I do not understand this service. It was presented that it was a cheaper alternative than going to the dealership for an answer. Can you please tell me the process of getting a refund.
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician