Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I just checked with my daughter again. Driving a Honda CRV…

Customer Question
I just checked with my...
I just checked with my daughter again. Driving a Honda CRV to work. The car was shaking, especially when accelerating and braking. The VSA indicator was on, and a triangle symbol with an exclamation mark in the middle was on, and she also said an odd tubular shaped symbol was on ( I think this means engine malfunction ).
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
1/27/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

did she have the code checked for the light??? a parts store will do this for free.

Roy

No.

I would have this done asap as the code will help us narrow down the area of failure.

Roy

I don't know what you mean by code. All the info we have is what caution lights were lit up on the dash.

yes, that is an indication of a fialure in the system. a code is stored for this failure. that is what I am talking about. in order for us to help, we need the code that was set by the malfunction lights coming on so we can narrow down the area of failure

Roy

How do I get this code ?

as I stated in a previous post, go to a parts store and they will get the code, print it for you and then get back to us so we can get some information for you to get this resolved.

Roy

Ok. I will just get my daughter to take the car to her car service place on the way home to get the problem fixed. I don't believe that you can help me with this one any more.

yes I can once you get me the code

Roy

To get the code, I am already at the place that can fix the problem. I have talked with the mechanic where I am going to take the car, and he already believes he knows what the problem is.

ok