Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

VSA and flashing engine light
, The engine is sluggish,

Customer Question
Customer: VSA and flashing engine...
Customer: VSA and flashing engine light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine is sluggish, slow takeoff, but full power, runs rough
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
1/24/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Flashing check engine light is waning of possible catalytic converter damage. It flashes during severe cylinder misfire conditions. Misfire is when the fuel-air mixture does not ignite leaving raw fuel behind. The VSA light is common during episodes like this. Both the check engine light and VSA will store codes related to the problem. I recommend having the codes read and limiting your driving. Damage to the catalytic converter(s) can be very expensive. Spark plugs, coils, stuck open EGR valve, etc. can all cause this problem. Once you have the code information you will have a good idea what is wrong.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic