Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

I've done a hard reset from disconnecting the neg

Customer Question

Hello so I've done a hard reset from disconnecting the neg battery terminal because my car is giving me codes of p0700 and p0740. Also my maint. light and battery light are on . Ive check the battery and alternator both are good. Furthermore I've taken #13 fuse on pass side to reset pcm. Still throws codes after hwy/city driving of more that 30minutes. Could it be a capcitor in the ecu? Connections where elso do I check transmission was rebuit less than a year ago no s/s of engine or transmission failure did a valve adjustment myself and car runs great. Help please
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

the code P0700 indicates that there is a code in the automatic transmission and that code is the P0740. The code P0740 is a Lockup Clutch System Problem and it not uncommon to have to replace the transmission for this code. Neither of these codes will cause the battery light or Maintenance light to come on. Are you having any issues with the transmission?

I have enclosed the pinpoint test for the code P0740 in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just had he trsnsmission rebuilt like eight months ago runs smooth
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the code P0740 is still setting after you clear it then the computer system is still seeing a fault. I would suggest you return to your builder and have him recheck it.