Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 04 pilot auto door locks are working but when it rains a…

Customer Question
My 04 pilot auto...

My 04 pilot auto door locks are working but when it rains a lot they randomly function while i drive.. The main issue is I don't get a honk when i check the locks and the security system doesn't activate at all? Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure, The doors will lock and unlock with the fob

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
1/22/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

There have been problems with the drivers door lock actuator causing the random functioning of the door locks. Moisture can get into the actuator or it's wiring connector. It can also just fail on it's own. The reason the horn does not honk is because the lock actuator internal security system switch is not showing it's locked. The final honk is confirmation that all of the doors, tailgate, and hood are secured. If one is not locking or has a bad internal switch the security system thinks the vehicle is not all locked up. There is a Honda service article on this exact subject. It recommends replacing the drivers door lock actuator.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man