Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda Accord 2003 will not start. Starter good, Battery

Customer Question
Honda Accord 2003 will not...
Honda Accord 2003 will not start. Starter good, Battery good, mechanic thought it was the relay and it started for 4 days and stopped. What to do next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
1/17/2016
Mechanic for Honda: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. What engine is in your car? I will check for TSBs first.

6 cylinder

Ok, and the issue is that it will not crank, correct? you turn the key and nothing happens?

mechanic said something on the battery casing was corroded and he spliced it but still no response.

There is power to everything else in the car I assume?

Do you hear even as much as a click when you attempt to start the engine?

I don't but the mechanic still has it and says he is stumped. We have already paid him some and he has had it for 9 days. I also not sure what to do. haven't much money.

Ok. I would like to know how he determined that the starter is ok to rule it out. Was it replaced recently?

My first suspicion would be the starter or a bad cable connection if the relay is new. Has he checked to see if he is getting power at the starter when attempting to crank the engine?

I am going off line. Will ask these questions of him. thanks

I am sorry. I just noticed your comment about what to do. If he has had it for 9 days and is no further ahead, I would suggest calling around and finding another shop. IF that's feasible