HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

When my car light are off, my brake lights work perfectly

Customer Question

Hi, when my car light are off, my brake lights work perfectly fine but when I turn my lights on the brake lights are always stay on. I just changed brake light switch but it's still the same. Could you please help me? :)
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Do you have trailer light wiring or a trailer hitch? Trailer light converters can cause this problem. Have you recently replaced the bulbs for the taillights or brake lights? The bulbs can be installed wrong or the wrong type and cause your problem.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept my answer so I may be credited. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man