rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

On my 1993 honda accord lx, i start my vehicle and let it

Customer Question

Customer: on my 1993 honda accord lx, i start my vehicle and let it run for about 10 minutes, when i turn it off it will not start back up, i have to wait until the eng. cools down, what is the problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it starts great when the eng.is cool but when the eng runs and warm up you cut the eng. off it will not start back up until you let set for a while
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

At the time it is NOT starting, is when you need to check for spark at the plugs and check fuel pressure and volume with a gauge. It's either spark or fuel that you're missing and we need to isolate it with these tests.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ichanged the fuel pump,distributer,fuel pump relay and coil all of these parts was used except the fuel pump
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Please do my requests to insure what I'm looking for. Also, check for power to the injectors with a NOID light and check compression for valve timing issues.

Thanks agai, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have fire comming out of the coil i have fire going to the plugs i have fire going to my injectors,i do not have any fuel pressure i just put a new fuel pump on the car.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Still need to confirm the pressure, you can rent one from the parts store. Signing off for today.

Thanks, Ron