HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Just replaced an o2 sensor after reading a ELC 1. The light

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, just replaced an o2 sensor after reading a ELC 1. The light comes on, once the car is to temp, turn off and restart, the light goes out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 95 civic manual 1.6L start the car cold the engine light stays on after coming up to temp, I turn the car off and restart, the light goes out. ELC (code 1) says o2 sensor, replaced it, problem still exists.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the thermal fast idle valve and the air idle valve. The injectors were removed and sent in for service approx. 2k miles ago. I also performed a cold engine valve adjustment. The seems to run fairly well with the light on and even after it goes out. It has a slight surge in rpm's sitting at idle.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. When the check engine light comes on is it the same code as previously mentioned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Great. Thanks for that information. Let me do a little research and get back with you shortly. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Don't respond back to this thread until I respond. It locks me onto the question. thanks