Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2007 pilot with 100k. timing belt and alternator…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 pilot with 100k. timing belt and alternator have been replaced and it's worth 7500 on trade. i can feel i need shocks/struts and might like to keep the car for another 50k. any other large ticket items that are apt to go.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car sways and doesn't take bumps like it used to. under load with 6 passengers, it wanders on the road.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
how much should new shocks and struts cost on average?
12/29/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda

and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

There really isn't anything that's apt to go that I know of for sure. The 07 Pilot has been a pretty good Honda vehicle. Just the normal wear items like brakes, and the general maintenance items. Honda struse installed front and rear are approx. $600 for all 4 struts/shocks plus $500 labor. Add on an alignment of approx $200 for a total of $1300. Aftermarket parts and labor would be approx $900 with the alignment at an independant shop. It just depends on what quality of part you end up deciding on. Honda parts are expensive but would give you another 100k. Aftermarket parts usually don't last as long as the original equipment parts.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this

page or accept my answer so I may be credited. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and the only way

the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free so don't

worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man