Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

I just bought a used honda accord exl and i have the radio

Customer Question

Customer: hey i just bought a used honda accord exl and i have the radio code the and the naviagation code, but the radio does not accept the code the navagations works but not the radio
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have the radio saying code when i get to the fouth number in the five number code it saids error
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

After the radio beeps are you starting over right away? Did the radio code come with the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I pull the radio fuse to reset the radio then try to put the code in after its rest but to no avail yes someone wrote down the code in the book I also looked it up on a Honda web site and called my local Honda dealer all give me the same code but after the 4 the number it gives a error code
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Did they also write down the radio serial number? Did you find a sticker in the glove box with numbers on it that may be the radio serial number?

You can double check the serial number for me by following this procedure.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I).
2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this
message, pull the backup fuse for
1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
3. Turn off the audio unit.
4. Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the
PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first
four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four
digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.
Then post the number here for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that the serial number is ***** the radio is 2201 2734
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please try this number for your radio code: 1216. I am assuming this is not the same one you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the same number I've tried when I put in the 6 in the code it gives me a beep and error code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok hold on that is different let me check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok entered 1216 same thing beeped then error code I'm resetting the radio
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully it does work for you because that is what I got though Honda.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I got the same number but when I put the 6 in it beeps and gives me the error
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure where else to go with this then. The serial number you gave was in the book or did you follow the instructions and get it from the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it from the radio by pushing sec/skip etc..
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I am going to have to "opt" out and see if another expert can help you with this. Sorry, I am out of ideas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you will someone else send me a text?