Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Alright well this is going to sound sketchy but it isn't. My

Customer Question

Alright well this is going to sound sketchy but it isn't. My mother blew the motor up in her 05 Honda civic earlier this year and then just parked it. She gave it to me a couple days ago, I just finished a full motor swap, and now my key cylinder is locked. Here's where it gets tricky. When I got the car she didn't know where the keys to it were. Read on a forum online that you could just drill out your steering wheel lock and pull the spring out so you can turn the wheels, because the wheel was locked. Well.. She found the keys. The key will not turn the cylinder and the steering wheel is free. Is there any way I can maybe reverse the whole steering wheel lock? I'm assuming it's my immobilizer not letting me do anything. The little green key light is on on the dash, only reason I know this is because I pulled the little plastic part off the side that let's you crank it with like a screwdriver or something. No spark, immobilizer has the car shutdown.. Please help. I swear it's all in my name, legal, all that..
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pretty much is there a way to either bypass or disable the immobilizer so I can actually start it with my key and actually turn the lock cylinder
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Unfortunately, no, there is no way to bypass the immobolizer on this vehicle. You are going to need to replace (whats left of the ock cylinder) and key and then get it programmed before the vehicle will start and run. There is no other way around it.. otherwise a a car theif will simply just bypass the immobolizer and steal the vehicle. That is how the engineers designed the vehicle and that is exactly why they designed it that way. It needs to be fixed correctly otherwise it will not work.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you! Please let me know if you ave any further questions!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

Please let me know and I will be happy to help!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know and I will be happy to help!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.