Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

BigBob, I use my 06 CRV mercilously on a 163 mile a day

Customer Question

Hi BigBob, I use my 06 CRV mercilously on a 163 mile a day mailroute mostly on gravel. I need to put some big mudflaps on the front to keep the flying gravel from shredding the rear components. In the meantime I've ruined the rear brake baking plates and the rear CV boots. I'm getting more open wheels to make it easier to clean out gravel buildup on the inside of the rims. The honda steel wheels crack to easily anyway.
A local shop replaced the rear wheel bearings recently and just snipped my e-brake cables because he said it was such a bitch to deal with them! There must be some tool he needs right? Anyway thanks for the procedural drawings and instructions. Here's my questions:
Is there a special tool to tame the e-brake disassembly? Can I buy one from Honda?
Also, the engine's power doesn't kick in till upper RPMs. Isn't there a Vtech, cam advance, oil related thing to clean out to have that power sooner, and more smoothly again?
THANKS, BigBob!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question sitting unanswered

I see you requested BigBob, but he doesnt seem to be online. If you would like me to help you, I would be happy to, or I can opt out and let BigBob answer whenever he comes online

If you would like me to help, I just need the last 8 of the vin number