Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

G101 where is it located 1997 accord se

Customer Question

G101 where is it located 1997 accord se
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 1 year ago.

This ground wire is to connect from one of the thermostat bolts to the body, If you cant see it then more then likely it had been not reinstalled at a time in the past when someone has replaced the themostat, you can install a new ground wire from thermostat housing to the body, It mounts from the top of the aluminun housing towards the rear of the engine, and then connects to the body,What is the issue you are having,with vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't start but if you hook a scanner to it it starts unplug scanner it dies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do

Then what is happening is the scanner is completing the communications link to the computer, First make sure all fuses are good, If all good, then take a look at the main relay and ground terminal to the main relay, (if relay does not engage, it will not start, some scanners can feedback thru system completing ground for relay.Thanks

If you require more assistance with this Please let me know, Thanking you in advance!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello well I would like a refund
You gave me wrong info on the g101 you said it's on the thermostat housing well it's not I had to go to the Honda dealer it is located behind the brake fluid canister mounted to the throttle body area so how doi get a refund
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a refund gave wrong info

Sorry to hear that, I was trying to find out about ground signal to main relay, I will send request to supervisors, Thank-you