Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2006 crv drivers seat position sensor location.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
12/2/2015
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 2 years ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you

here is the info you requested.

picture not clear enough . vehicle came in without one and harness missing. Air bag light is on. I found all the parts but cannot figure out where to mount the sensor so i will work properlly. I plugged it in and placed it over a piece of metal and the code clears out. now i need to mount it.

it's clear on this page.

it simply bolts to the seat track here is the replacement info per the Factory service manual

obviously something is not here and the pic is not clear enough to see exactly what the sensor mounts to. I have the seat out upside down in the position of the article but cannot find mounting position any way . should be a bolt hole and a positioning tab hole some where in the vacinity of the supposed position. does the sensor straddle metal at some point?

im not sure what to do then cause the images are directly off the Honda web site not a third party like alldata or something like that.

I opened the files and they are clear and able to make everything out.

you have the seat frame out of the car ?

it lays into the seat rail

in that pic I cant even tell wich way the sensor lays what direction the wires approach it nothing i need to really get close . I have the seat out.And there is no where to mount it . I see 2 holes in the seat track but there are no threads in either. And they really dont line up . does the bolt go straight up? or left to right in the vehicle. Some body pulled the harness out of it and obviously yanked the sensor with it. And I am the fortunate one that has to piece it back together blind. I have found all the publications you have provided before I tried your help . If I knew where another was I could figure it out easily but I have exhausted all my resources on the matter. Even the dealer ship I buy all my honda parts from is over it. If I plug it in and place it over a piece of metal the light and codes go away. Not my way of doing things.

see the plastic its on the side to it mounts to the top of the seat rail

yeah thanks for the pics I see i have something missing

ok its hard to explain like this but I took the picture with my phone and it's on the side not straight just trying to give you a clear shot of it

MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician