HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2006 Honda Accord v6 running rough at idle changed

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Accord v6 running rough at idle changed plugs and three coil packs still no change and only code is p0172 bank too rich. Can unplug whole left bank and doesn't affect idle
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the front oxygen sensors and let me know if that helps it run any better. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are they located exactly?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

They are on/below the exhaust manifolds, here are pictures. You are trying to unplug the bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 sensors.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpdy4iu7zhq1fsy/06acco3_0L021.png?dl=0

-

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You could even start with just bank 2 since that is side running rich.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I unplugged both and it's still running the same, missing badly
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Next step I'd do is check compression and vacuum to see if you have a possible valve problem. Verify engine vacuum is 19-21 inches and the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor voltage is 0.85-0.95 at a warm idle. If voltage is high that means vacuum is low, let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of that makes sense to me.... Those problems don't explain why I can unplug three coil packs while the car is running and not have an affect on the idle
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If there is a valve problem or timing is off and bank 1 isnt able to fire correctly then unplugging coils wouldn't make a difference. You can also verify spark is good on that side of engine before checking vacuum.