HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2002 Honda civic that started making a

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Honda civic that started making a tapping.noise while driving and suddenly stopped running. When I later restarted then car, there was random intermittent short "rattle or tap" then nothing. Once they engine was warm, it began tapping consistently.
Sometimes it would tap intermittentlyrics and stop running. I recorded to tapping when it became regular and will try to attach it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle? Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine light is on and it has around 200,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can email them recording if that will help.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

It would help to hear it. The best way is to put it on youtube or share it on mediafire.com.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not familiar with how to do that. Can you set up an email at gmail or something.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

You can attach a file to this post if you are using your PC. Use the attachment icon to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did it on my phone but sent it to myself in order to try to forward it. My wife has the other computer. When I did try to attach it, it said it had to be a format I could not change it to on my phone.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

The only other way I can think of doing this is to contact customer service and have them send it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me see what I can do.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

I will look for it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long. Customer service got back to me and I sent the recording to her a minutr ago. Let me know if you were able to get it.
Thanks