Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 1996 Honda Accord 2.2 with Auto Trans, when it gets

Customer Question
up to 50mph and it...
I have a 1996 Honda Accord 2.2 with Auto Trans, when it gets up to 50mph and it will down shift on its own, the code that it's giving is p0715 so I've replaced the sensor and still does it, I was told its a short in the harness so I've replaced all the sensors, the wiring harness, pcm, and even the odometer head then flushed the fluid and it still does it, am I missing something ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
11/26/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I attach a flow chart for the code. the main shaft speed sensor/circuit has an issue. I know you replaced the sensor so it seems that you have a wiring issue.

lets start here

Roy

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician