Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

Have no dash lights on 94 honda accord. Checked all fuses,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, Have no dash lights on 94 honda accord. Checked all fuses, replaced all small bulbs in cluster. Nothing yet. Any guidance?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This happen all of sudden. Tail lights, brake lights all work fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: well......about how long is a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swapped out dimmer switch (got from salvage parts). Is there any other fuses than the ones next to drivers floor, and the one under the hood? I have pulled all of these and they are fine. Have pulled the cluster out and replaced all the bulbs. Nothing yet. Any help would be appreciated. its getting late and dont want to get frustrated. thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
reading on some other post, I did short the RED and BLACK wire on the dimmer switch connector. YES, the lights burn. My question, is it a bad dimmer switch or what? And, will it cause any problems if I secure the short circuit with electrical tape and leave it like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just checking to see how far back in line I am?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call(###) ###-####.........ready to get finished with this project. Thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you have replaced all the bulbs then the next step would to be check power and ground at the cluster with the light turned on. I have enclosed the wires to check in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cluster%20lights%20Nov%2026.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked power to ground with lights on.........reads 11.87.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you have power and ground at the connector and the circuit board is okay then the lights should come on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, that is what i am thinking. So with this "gremlin issue", i guess i may have to short circuit the dimmer connection to have lights. Any problem you see with doing so?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There will be no problem as long as you know if you bypass the dimmer you will not be able to dim the lights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disregard the call. Thank you for yor help. Short circuit the connection works fine.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

It should be fine , just be sure you make a good solid connection and you should be okay. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for help. Now the next question..... Cooling system. I have replaced radiator, thermostat and now the cooling fans don't want to come on. After the Google of what could be the issue, I did replace the sender and have ordered the cooling switch that goes in at the thermostat. Curious to know if the cooling switch sends the signal thru the relay (which I swapped out and no results) and then to the fans? The fans work when I created a short on the fan motor connector and at the relay..... Thus resulting with the fans working fine. So my question, would a faulty cooling switch, at the thermostat, cause the fans not to work which makes the temp rise above normal? Hope this is not too confusing. Thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately due yo site policy we are not allowed to address new topics in an old question. If you need help with the new topic you are going to need to open a new post. Rating is required and thank you as well.