Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Having problem before it felt like just siting in the car

Customer Question
rev the car but going...
Having problem before it felt like just siting in the car rev the car but going no where like it was slipping so it finally give up n not moved.so I got a transmission from the junk yard nothing thought might be the torque converter so bought q new one and nope nothing too...I'm out of ideas I need help from an expert...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2015
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 1 year ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you

can you tell me if the check engine or the D light is flashing ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do u think
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm out of opition I literally replace the transmissions from an junk yard and bought a brand new torque converter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No flashing light nor check engine

hello I had to leave the house

when you put this into gear what happens is their any noise ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None, everything works fine but like a manual car that ran out of clutch...

ok if you put this in park can you spin the wheels or if this is on the ground will it roll in park gear or no.

can you hear this shift into drive or reverse gear any changes in the engine rpm's when doing this ?

did you by chance adjust the throttle cable on the transmission ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No haven't change or did anything to the cable,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have the car up in the air on jacks... So when put it in gears and let the break pedal go the wheels should starts to roll..the gear change also doesn't even change the rpm because when shift into gear the rpm should kind of change a little bit but it doesn't
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can change gear and everything but nothing...I wanna say when I rev it up past alittle almost to 7thousand rpm when in the air the wheels starts to move like nearly crawling only

ok and the fluid level is ok ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah fluid is good

do you have access to a set of line gauges to measure line pressures ?

I can send the testing for it to see if this is a dead transmission

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which line to measure?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You mean to measure the oil line?

let me get the info for you cause even if the cable is hooked up it will still drive but shift functions will not work correctly

yes this will involve measuring the actual atf line pressure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please

ok im trying to locate it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

ok im not having any luck finding it right now.

but lets manually access the tcm. I want to make sure their is nothing stored in the tcm ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should scan the car then?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will it still scan anything if I had token off the battery

it might if the problem is a hard code.

us the method that is shown to use with out a scanner ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay let check and see then

ok im going to be signing off for the night I wake up at 4 am for work so I will check back tomorrow

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you I'll let u noe

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay so I gotten a time to check it out...nothing ....so after the last time we chat , I went ahead and check the whole motor of each and every wires , connection and drain out the ATF and poured in some new fluid...I let the motor on for almost an hr just to get to temperatures ...and lucky out of no where it started to crawl.i give it a it more gas and surly it went it moved...that was a relief but still it's going rough on the rpm. I took it for some drives and it almost normal but expect that it changes gear at high rpm like around 45-55 thousand rpm...and there is times if I give it a bit too much gas it feels like slipping again...you think I should reflush the ATF again?
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician