Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Just removed timing belt to replace water pump on my 2001

Customer Question

Hi. Just removed timing belt to replace water pump on my 2001 honda odyssey, replaced timing belt as well, thought I had every thing lined up and marked, but when tried to start it won't. Could you please give me the steps to start the timing process from scratch,?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Click HERE for your timing belt installation instructions. Turn the engine over clockwise until the bottom crank pulley timing ***** *****nes up. Then check the two camshaft timing marks. If they are off use the instructions to reinstall the belt. If the camshafts were off enough it's possible there was valve-piston contact. If this happened there will most likely be a lack of compression or no compression on the affected cylinders. I would refrain from trying to start it until after you are sure the marks are correct. If it still won't start the compression should be checked.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please use the rating page and click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the required rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man