Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

My 2003 Honda Pilot will not start... It was fine at noon

Customer Question
when I shut it off...
My 2003 Honda Pilot will not start... It was fine at noon when I shut it off, at 330 when I went to start it, I turned the key and it will just turn and turn and turn, but never actually starts... Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

1st check for spark by removing one of the spark plugs and plug it back into its lead and rest it on the metal of the engine ( DO NOT hold it on place by hand) then have your assistant turn the engine over whilst you watch the plug. It should give a fat blue spark at regular intervals.

If not then check that there's power to the coil pack (at the other end of the plug lead) using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark then check the spark box power supply (fuse and relay) and also the connections to the crankshaft speed sensor.

If there is a spark and its still not starting then its likely that fuel isn't getting through to the carb so check the filter isn't blocked

Matt, Engineer